German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Should I be concerned? (moved)
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
coulter

Default Should I be concerned? (moved)

So I put a deposit for "first pick" male from a litter from the same breeder where I got my current gsd sage at. I love this breeder I have a very good relationship with her. We always stay in touch and I take sage back from time to time to play with some pups.
Anyways so I put this deposit in and the pups were born on Christmas Day '13, she texted me told me they were born and said she was very sick and would give me pictures and more info on them when she was better. There were 4 males , 2 females.

So Saturday the 11th I made plans with her to go visit the pups. When I get there she informed me that 3 of the pups had died a couple of days after birth. She is not sure what happened but thinks they got too cold and died ( they are kept inside the house in a kiddie pool with heat blankets under it). She thinks because she was so sick and couldn't get out of bed that they got separated from the mom in the middle of the night and froze because she wasn't able to check on them regularly like she normally would if she wasn't sick( she was very upset by the loss). So she showed me two males and 1 female that were left.

Now I got a text from her saying that there was a mistake and one of the pups that they thought was a boy actually was a girl. How does this happen?! Maybe it's easy enough to confuse it at this age? So now there is only 1 male. So she said I can see if he suits me at week 7 and if not transfer my deposit to a future litter. So..... Should I be worried about those other pups dying? Or does That seem pretty legit/ common? ( I started another thread about the pedigree of the sire of this one male)

I just want to know what your opinions are on this. Like I said I really like this breeder she is more personable than others I have talked to.
Thanks for your input!