German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - tri-tronics vs. dogtra
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
jocoyn
Zombie Queen Moderator

A lot of folks like the Dogtra because the continuous stim adjustment works well with Lou Castle's methods of training. Since more people on this forum seem to use that method, I will mention it because it may skew the responses.

I have precious little hands on ecollar experience but the police K9 I am training with prefers TT over Dogtra for the reasons you stated and his perceived greater durability reliability of the TT for daily use and something about the "quality" of the stim. Right now all their units dogs are on Dogtra but changing over to TT as they retire collars. All outside of my league. I just mentioned that but, take it as second hand. I don't know how Garmin buying TT is going to impact quality.

A lot of folks are talking about a 3rd collar, the Einstein and some of those are folks working in IPO not only pet use (IOW it is a less expensive collar but apparently not a "cheap" collar system and has some of the features you want plus the adjust ability of the Dogtra..

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is online now   Reply With Quote