German Shepherds Forum banner

8 month old won't get in kennel in car

917 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MrsFergione 
#1 ·
My 8 month old female suddenly will not jump into the kennel in the car. She's completely fine going into it in the house and will the first time I ask, but the last two times we gone up to training I cannot get her into the kennel unless I physically lift her in. She's never had a problem before and she didn't have any traumatic car experience in the last few weeks. I'm not sure what's going on? I've tried luring her with treats to make it seem better but she just lays down a few feet from the car.

#6 ·
Yes we were using a different kennel before in the car and she would jump into it no problem. I stopped using that one because she can get out of it and I need it outside of the car at training. I guess I will have to use that one again and just buy a lock to loop over it so she can't get out when it's on the ground. She will get into the car without kennel also as long as it's the back, she will not get in the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.