German Shepherds Forum banner

6 month old puppy

897 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  charlotterose 
#1 ·
Hi guys im new to this and im not even sure if im in the right place to start this, anyways, i have a stunning 6 month old gsd, i also have a 6 year old husky, the problem is i have with my pup rebel is he is a terrible puller, i take 3 dogs out 2 gsd's and a husky, the other gsd is 6 years. im just wondering wether what age i can start halti training him as i want him to be halti trained to help with pulling, the other two dont pull me. so what age would be recommended to start halti training?

the other thing is hes a submissive pee er. will he grow out of it? if so what age and i plan on getting him done asap. the thing is, is that my older dog hasnt been done so what age will he start humping her?, i really dont want them to have a litter that would be terrible! thanks so much..

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

What worked best for me while I was waiting to get to dog classes (usually started at about 6 months :) is a great harness (NOT a regular harness) called the Gentle Leader. If you are more comfortable with the Halti head collar then you can start with your pup now, I know my dogs really don't like things around their face but MANY dogs do well with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QEM9zl4ngs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.