German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hates being outside alone
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Duke122465

Default Hates being outside alone

So I'm in a little pickle and not quite sure how to deal with it. My puppy is 10 months now and is crate trained. But my husband is army and I'm a full time college student. I'm home way before my husband but I don't like leaving Duke in his crate for long periods of time. But we don't trust him to wander around the house because he has some bad chewing habits and we have a small Pomeranian who is older and he can be rough with her. So when we bought this house there was a pen already built for dogs. Well duke climbs out of it or figures out how to open the gate even after I put a D ring in it. I can't put a roof on it bc there is a massive tree in the pen. We have a large backyard with a privacy fence to I decided, forget the pen. I will just leave him to free roam the backyard. Well there is a problem. He jumps at our glass back door like crazy if I don't let him in. I'm afraid one day he is going to break it and hurt himself. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to leave him cooped up in his crate but I also want him to be safe. Have tried to train him to fist at the back door if he wants in but god for bid a truck goes by the house he looses it. Please help me!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Duke122465 is offline   Reply With Quote