German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Why does everyone hate my dog?? :( (moved to stories)
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 01:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chicagocanine
Crowned Member

I think all my neighbors thought my GSD was aggressive. I didn't mind mostly, they just didn't know her.
I've also had people say "wow I thought all GSDs were aggressive!" when they met her and she was friendly. The staff at my vet also said they didn't think she was friendly, when I asked them to give her some pets/treats so that she would associate the vet with good things they said they didn't know she was ok with people until I told them she loved getting attention.
My next door neighbor asked what happened after my dog passed away... I told her it was cancer, and she said maybe that made her aggressive. I said no, she was very friendly and loved people. She just did not like when someone came on our property without permission, and I think she thought my neighbor was always trespassing because their walkway is right up next to our house. I did try to introduce them properly, but my neighbor didn't cooperate.

Last edited by Chicagocanine; 01-18-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Chicagocanine is offline   Reply With Quote