German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How much your dog costs
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
JakodaCD OA

My gsd has/is pretty darn healthy altho, last year she had a major health crisis in the spring. (some type of bacterial infection)..that cost alone was around 2-2500 bucks for a couple weeks worth of vet care , and she didn't stay there, she went daily for a week for med's, So that ONE occurance really put a dent in my finances (just paid it off yippee!).

She's 5 years old, and honestly with all my dogs, I can probably say I've had atleast ONE major crisis at one time or another with all of them.

If I have a year of good health, the cost isn't much. Food/toys/treats, hard to break it down with just one dog, as I have multiples. I don't vaccinate, I titer, so doing that bi annually, costs me around 85 a dog.. HW meds for my gsd are around 100 bucks a year (I only do HW /9months),,yearly checkup/hw/testing probably 150 or so for each dog. Food, again, hard to determine, I probably go thru 40lbs in about a month and half. could be off on that, I really don't keep track

Lets put it this way, just when you think things are going smoothly, something usually pops up that costs some money..

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote