German Shepherds Forum banner

18 weeks 27lbs

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SuperG 
#1 ·
So I was wondering if my little girl might be developing weird, she's 18 weeks, stands 15 inches at the shoulder and is 27.5lbs, her doc says she's ideal but her doc also said that her throwing up at each vet visit was normal. Any thoughts/suggestions? We have a new vet scheduled for next week to get a second opinion but I just want to be sure and ask GSD enthusiasts and lovers as well.

#2 ·
Based on my knowledge, and I am by no means an expert, that sounds about right maybe a little on the small side but nothing to really worry about. Every dog is different. Titan is larger than breed standard and never weighed what was "average." I would say as long as she is healthy, eating well, drinking water, energy level is high, and her stools are normal then you are just fine! It also may help us if you post pictures of her from the side and the top.

#3 ·
Not so sure about the weight and height as many GSD pups grow at different rates and too many folks get caught up in the averages.

The throwing up thing seems odd...maybe it's your vet's bedside manner??

Good for you getting a second opinion....

As long as your gal is healthy I wouldn't worry about her weight and height ....you might be surprised down the road when she grows more than you expected.

Post a few pics of her.....makes it easier for those in here that know their "stuff".....

SuperG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.