German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How to prevent 6 mo from jumping up
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
srseik13

Default How to prevent 6 mo from jumping up

I have a 6 month old female who is lovable and playful and very smart and able to catch on quickly to almost everything we've taught her. I think it helps that we also have a very well trained 2 year old male who we use as a disciplinarian and teacher for her. She follows his every move. The only issue we are having is getting her to stop jumping up on people, on the couch, on her big brother...pretty much everything. We've tried numerous ways (making her sit before she gets attention, a knee to the chest, saying "down" and then praising her when she does it without us having to push her,etc...) but nothing really seems to be sticking. I wouldn't be too worried about it because she is only 6 months old but we have a baby on the way (due at the end of January). I completely understand that she's just an excited puppy and she'll calm down so maybe we're just asking too much too soon but like I said, she follows Harley's lead with everything else BUT this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
srseik13 is offline   Reply With Quote