German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New trick/command ideas?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
SuperG
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishka&Milo View Post
Mishka is 10 weeks old, and I have already taught her sit, stay, speak, shake, lay down, down on one side, spin, and crawl. She can also do all of those with added distractions. I want to work on heel, but I'm not sure if she is too young. I've trained other dogs, but she seems to have a will to learn like no other I have had.... And I'm running out of things to teach a puppy...Any ideas on more commands?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
If you haven't already...incorporate hand signals for all the commands she already responds to per your verbal commands.

Also, teach her from a distance to perform all her maneuvers...such as a down/wait...walk away 10-20 yards and on her recall have her, per your verbal/hand signal go back to a down halfway back to you. Getting a dog to stop dead in it's tracks and lay down via a hand signal might be the best thing you ever teach your dog if you see a potential hazard to her well being coming her way.....i.e. a car under way.

Your success with Mishka is once again refreshing to hear about as it shows how incredibly smart a GSD is.

Keep it up,

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote