German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Feeding raw with sensitive stomach
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rainer

Default Feeding raw with sensitive stomach

So I have been researching raw feeding to switch Rainer over to help with his IBD. He has been on a raw ground turkey+beef liver+pureed zucchini mix for almost a week now, before that he got cooked ground turkey with pumpkin to rest his gut after a diarrhea episode. Supplements he's taking with each meal: Sunday Sundae, Bilex and a homeopathic enzyme solution.

I've been trying to gather as much info as possible and still need some help. He is intolerant to fat so I will start off trimming fat and take off most skin.

Not sure which ratio of RMB:MM:OM I should use.... 45/50/5% or 30/60/10% ? The 45/50/5% ratio looks like it would make more sense + I think less organ meat would be better since his tummy is sensitive. What does everyone else use?

Can anyone suggest a sample menu / plan to follow for IBD/sensitive stomachs to feed?

I have found a co-op in Miami that I can get meat from. I'd like to start small before plunging into bulk ordering though! Still gotta figure out those logistics

Thank you in advance for any and all help! Poor Rai can't put on weight with the kibble cuz of the diarrhea, so I am really hoping feeding raw will

Kitty Cat Monsters
Ashes- AKA "Queen Bia"
Mish Mish - Mr. Cuddle Bug
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote