German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - I'm afraid of dogs
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

I was attacked by a GSD K9 at about 6-7 years old. 52 stitches in my neck and face. I woke up with a Dr. sitting on my chest. It revolved around food.

Cocker Spaniels have more bite incidents per year than any large breed. I love big dogs. I was afraid for awhile as a child after it happened. I have always immersed myself in our dogs. You keep bonding and training and I can't imagine you having an issue when she gets bigger. My pup loves when I get on the floor with him.

I had a breakthrough on the biting this weekend. He would bite, I tell him "no biting", he would bite again and I would get up off the floor, sit in my office chair with my back to him and he reacted like the world was ending. About 4 reps of this and he hasn't bit me since. Now when I see the teeth coming, "no biting" and he has actually redirected *himself* to a toy. Usually his bone since that what we had been redirecting to, when he got mouthy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sp00ks is offline   Reply With Quote