German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Question for breeders-Progesterone testing
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
dawnandjr
Elite Member

Default Question for breeders-Progesterone testing

This is a question for the breeders on this forum. Getting ready to breed Yoko, she is in heat, not ready yet. Male is in OK so doing AI. Bred to same male back in May, got one male pup from breeding. Male is young and repro vet said semen looked good. Did progesterone testing and I also was feeling the vulva for when it became soft. Softness coincided with progesterone rise. She showed 5.5 then 6 somthing then 8.6 (dont have my notes with me at work right now). We thought the timing was very good, but Yoko was also 7 yrs old. Was told by a local breeder friend that we were early in breeding her. Just wondering what others thoughts are? I am also going to do more testing this time around AFTER the breeding to see what her levels are. I do all this checking before hand, and then just drop off my monitoring when bred and I think I need to continue through to get a better picture of what is going on.
dawnandjr is offline   Reply With Quote