German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Newly adopted GSD won't eat! Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
dashenka85

Default Newly adopted GSD won't eat! Help!

We just adopted Jasmine yesterday. She is 2 y.o. and she looks really small. She came with 50 lb bag of ole'roy (yuk!!) and she refuses to eat. She did very well last night and she fits perfect in to our family but I'm a little concerned. She refuses to eat dog food. I'm scared to switch her to a different food and I'm worried she will get sick from not eating. My vet is out until Tuesday and she is my first dog ever and my husband only had small dogs. I have no idea what to do. Her previous owner kept her locked in a garage where she often went potty because he didn't have time for her. I don't know if she is just sad or may be its a new situation and she is too anxious. Also she had somewhat loose stools. I took her out last night about 4 times because she was just restless and few times this morning. We played catch and ran around and she seems like she is well but as soon as I bring her in she starts to pace around and whine a bit. Is this normal behavior or do you think she is sick? I'm so afraid that something might happen to her before Tuesday. Any suggestions? TIANewly adopted GSD won't eat! Help!-imageuploadedbypg-free1389458787.116194.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
dashenka85 is offline   Reply With Quote