German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Cuts of meat (Venison)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
reck0n3r

Default Cuts of meat (Venison)

Hi guys,

My dog has been doing great on the pre-made venison raw that I've been feeding him - Nature's Variety Instinct Raw frozen - been doing this since last august.

The problem is that at over 50 bucks a week, which in itself wasn't enough for him at 2 patties a day, it's just way too expensive for me.

What I'm looking to do is make some calls around to local butchers and find good deals on venison - the problem is that I'm not sure what kind of cuts I should ask for? What's normal? I'll worry about adding vegetables and other things (like green tripe) to his diet, but this is the big thing I want to get out of the way first.

Also, is it possible to feed them meat only? I realize some of these are somewhat basic/n00b questions, but there's such a daunting amount of information on raw and seems like so many varying opinions and methodologies that I'd rather ask here. I couldn't find any answers online about feeding meat only either, but again, that's something I can address easily.

Also if there's anyone in the southern ontario/GTA region that can recommend cheap places for good quality venison, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
reck0n3r is offline   Reply With Quote