German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help me with this biting nipping
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
maid90

Help me with this biting nipping

Hey all,
Been following this forum for a few months and finally decided to make a user name.
I have a one year 6 month old Gsd male. He is from a breeder in northern NJ. I have had him since 7 weeks old. He knows his commands, reliable, a genius. He is my third dog, I had him at petsmart as a start. Taught him there and taught him what I knew from my first two dogs.
We also had private training with a Dogtra collar 1900ncp. This device amazed me as well as the training and his eagerness to learn. I trust him 100% off leash with and without the training collar.
So, why am I writing this post? For the life of me, I can't get him to stop the unnecessary 'puppy' biting/nipping. I've done everything I could and he still hasn't grown out of it. I've tried redirecting the behaviour, giving him something to chew on, excersize, yelling.. You name it I tried. I'm at wits end. Is there anyone out there that can help me or show me how to get him to stop.
He is 95-98pounds and it's getting to the point that I'm loosing my mind.
The reason I THINK he is like this is because the breeder gave him to us at 7 weeks. He never associated that nipping hurts his playmates and he continues to do it..

Please help.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome