German Shepherds Forum banner

Things NOT TO FEED your dog.

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  fredh 
#1 · (Edited)
Please delete this thread if another thread exists, although i search but didn;t find it.

Please list the foods that we shouldn't feed our dogs.

I didn't knew that dog's should not eat Grapes and raisin, and i heard somewhere that dog shouldn't be fed onions???

I mistakenly fed my dog 3-4 raisin around November 5-6. He had a little diarhea and some vomiting, i did not knew i should not feed it until this morning when i read it somewhere in this forum.
I didn't knew it is toxic and did not tell the vet either, he advised metronidazole (spelling may not be right) and after few days he was okay.

I read an articele in wikipedia, here is the article i googled more and did not find much, should i still be worried???

And is the Onion thingy true???

Please list other foods which should not be fed as well, i am sure it would be helpful to others and specially for newbies like me.

Things you should never feed your dog:
1: Grapes
2: Raisin
3: Onions????

Robean.

See less See more
#4 ·
Poop... I hate it when they do that. I have one that likes frozen poopsicles.

P.S. There is a perfect place to implement an e-collar.

David Winners

#6 ·
Thanks,

Any thoughts on Onions??

out of topic: Is there any way to edit the first post?? i could only see quote, multi quote and reply. i wanted to add xylitol to the List. :confused:

#7 ·
#8 ·
Yep, read it all and those are very useful links indeed.

Meanwhile, i was reading this article located here, , i am confused in this paragraph.

Over-the-Counter Human Medications

More than 18,000 cases that the APCC fielded in 2012 regarded over-the-counter human products. This group contains acetaminophen, ibuprofen and naproxen as well as herbal and nutraceutical products (fish oil, joint supplements). Many of these products are tasty to pets, and some can be life threatening if ingested.

I was under impression that fish oil was beneficial???? (in right amount) :confused::confused::confused:

#9 ·
Xylitol can be found in toothpaste too, so make sure when you throw out a used tube that your dog can't get to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.