German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - E Collars.
Thread: E Collars.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
DaniFani
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo2013 View Post
Yes I know this I am a dog trainer. Who just pissed a whole forum.off because I mentioned the use of it

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Lol, who's mad? The only one that's mad so far is you. I understand, I've been on your end of this debate, it's frustrating and angering. I just don't think it's a huge fight worth picking. Everyone will train the way they train, if people ask me about ecollars I try and educate why/how/when they are used in our program (if they're used).

I personally like the idea behind them even better than the pinch because it removes the connection of the negative to the trainer/handler, and can result in conflict-free training as well as crystal clear instructions to the dog. There are, of course, down sides like any other tool. I just am tired of this debate, it's usually the fanatics that start slinging crazy dog abuse/lack of experience/inability to connect enough with the dog resulting in "need" for the ecollar-type allegations....and neither I nor you are going to convince those personalities that an ecollar isn't the evil "electric bolt/shock/electrocuting" (whatever other fear inducing buzz word is currently being used) abuse device they claim it to be.
"An excess of size is an unserviceable feature for breeding, his powers of endurance, his speed and the smartness of his movements suffer in all circumstances. Giants are never nimble."-Creator of GSD
DaniFani is offline   Reply With Quote