German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New rescue...help understanding dynamics
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
erfunhouse
Master Member

Default New rescue...help understanding dynamics

So we brought Kia home yesterday. Shes approximately 12 months old and was picked up as a stray and brought from the shelter to West side german shepherd rescue. When we got home tragedy we walked the two on leashes for about thirty minutes. When they were ignoring each other we brought the into the back yard. They had a huge brawl.

Last night they were decent. Kia was tired and slept alot and Sabo laid on the couch. Then kia got on the couch and Sabo was on the floor. No issues, some tension. Kia is obviously seeing herself as alpha to Sabo. Sabo doesn't care about that, he just wants to play.

He will try to paw her to get her to play and she gets mad at him and snaps. How do I facilitate play? She went after him again this morning and he yelped and cried.

Please tell me these are growing pains. I feel so bad for Sabo. She is really mellow with us. She does guard the tennis balls though, which I'm trying to stop.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sabo's Blog (I'm nuts)
erfunhouse is offline   Reply With Quote