German Shepherds Forum banner

My GSD puppy has Pancreatitisis

876 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stellagirl 
#1 ·
What started out as diarrhea and vomiting turned into Pancreatitis. My baby girl of 5 months woke of very lethargic and sick this morning. I took her into the vet and they proceeded to do blood test, etc. to see what was wrong and found out she has pancreatitis which could come about for no reason. She is on 5 different medications and I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen and what might have caused it? She also can't eat until tomorrow....any ideas on how to get her to take the pills? Also what to look out for to make sure this never happens again....:confused:

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
The meds are antibiotics, gastrointestinal meds and nausea meds. Cerenia, Sucralfate, Ciprofloxacin, Metronidazole and Famotidine. Stella has only ate Kirklands puppy chow hard food since we got her (she gets a bone or antler every now and then to chew on). She also gets Frontline flea treatment every month since fleas are prominent in the northwest...we dont' eat bacon and turkey is usually lunchmeat which she wouldn't have anyhow. We do liv ein the country though so maybe she ate something outside? Either way any tips on how to prevent this from happening again or how to help her now would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.