German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How did you find/and or choose your breeder?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
LaRen616
Crowned Member

I've had 2 GSDs and I had bad experiences with both breeders. Although I love my Sinister, I think I am done with the breed or at least I will be done with them for a while. Found the 1st breeder in the newspaper and I found the 2nd breeder on this forum.

I found my Dalmatian breeder through the internet, I was actually in contact with a different breeder but I always watched the show results pages and kept seeing this one kennel name that was dominating the show ring, I checked out their website and really liked the look of the dogs and all the information she had provided. I decided to call her, we talked for over an hour and we both decided that we would be a good match. So I drove a couple of hours to meet her and the puppies. Her rule was that after meeting the puppies you couldn't take one home that day, she wanted her puppy buyers to go home and really think about whether or not that was truly the puppy that they wanted since everyone reacts impulsively when it comes to puppies. Well I took my puppy home that very day, we all saw the connection between he and I. I am in contact with 8 of his littermates, I talk to the breeder and I really, really like her. I would absolutely recommend her and I will be getting more puppies from her in the future.