German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - My 9 week old German Shepherd puppy has Parvo
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
abigailcichosz

Thumbs down My 9 week old German Shepherd puppy has Parvo

Okay, I'm going to try and keep this brief. Early December our Labrador died at a good old age of 14. We decided to get another German Shepherd puppy (we already have a black, long haired GSD who is 9 named Harmony) we named our new pup Eloise. She was beautiful, energetic and we all loved her. After 3 days she got very ill, vomiting , diarrhea. I read up on parvo so knew we had to take her to the vets. We took her 4 times in the space of a week, and every time they said she didn't have parvo (she had no temperature and no blood in poo) unfortunately she died suddenly, and we were heartbroken. We rang the vets a while later and asked if it was safe to get another puppy, they said it was as they were sure Eloise didn't have parvo.

Fast forward, we now have a beautiful German Shepherd puppy named Serenity. Energetic, playful, beautiful. And then it happened, she showed the same systems as Eloise did. I noticed this and rushed her straight to an emergency veterinary hospital who said she did in fact have parvo. Heartbroken doesn't even describe how we feel.

She has been there for a day now (brought her yesterday night at 11:30) has been on antibiotics and had a plasma transfusion. The vets say they're keeping her for a minimum of 3 days.

I'm not quite sure why I'm writing this, but stories of encouragement of dogs who have survived with parvo would be lovely.

I can't believe this is happening, this Christmas has been horrible.
abigailcichosz is offline   Reply With Quote