German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Need (serious) 'real world' advice for eating poop.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
shepherdmom
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73703 View Post
My pup did that when I first got her. Did some research and supposedly they do it if they feel like they are missing nutrients. If you are feeding kibble, maybe you can switch to a different brand to give her something is feels is missing. OR maybe it will make the poop taste different and in a bad way, and she won't want to eat it. My gsd pup will go right up to my other husky mix while she's pooping and get it while it's fresh, well atleast that's what I cause her doing yesterday, I corrected her but I doubt it completely stops it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

My dog is 12 and still eats poo. He has eaten poo his entire life. I have tried everything. I do keep it as clean as possible. But if their is no dog poo he will eat bird poo or owl poo. He has had many different foods. It doesn't matter. He just likes poo and will sneak a snack any chance he gets. So I've trained him not to lick instead. He is not allowed to lick people and knows it.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote