German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Need (serious) 'real world' advice for eating poop.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mell4now

Default Need (serious) 'real world' advice for eating poop.

How can i prevent my 8 month old dog from eating poop while playing in the yard ? I clean up after her to allow for a poop free play zone but sometimes she deliberately goes again after I clean up just to eat it. Ive tried commercial products, "leave-it" command, pineapple, pumpkin, and her blood work and vet check-up came back perfectly normal. So IT IS a BEHAVIORAL issue. Also tried a basket muzzle but she uses it like a potato masher and smushed the feces in between the bars to eat them and came back with a mask full of poo! She only does it when I am not looking so I cant even use correction as an option. I don't know what to do. Im being outsmarted by an 8 month old. Im also pregnant and am trying to avoid cross contamination from e-coli. Can anyone help me solve this dilemma?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Please don't judge me by my lack of punctuation, excessive punctuation, spelling or grammatical errors that may or may not be randomly found throughout my posts... I know there's mistakes here somewhere,but it takes too long to find 'em!!

Last edited by Mell4now; 01-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Mell4now is offline   Reply With Quote