German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Was there a "Greatest of all time"?

13K views 116 replies 33 participants last post by  jafo220 
#1 ·
Just wondering, if for the sake of argument, in my mind, Superman was the greatest Super hero, Babe Ruth was the greatest Ball player, Ali, King Kong, Einstein, Pele, etc.

Was/is there a "Greatest German Shepherd" of all time? I know most will say their own dog. Good for you. Except for your own dog, is their a greatest of all time?

#3 · (Edited)
Haha. That's funny. Did he lead to the American line? Was Rin Tin Tin American line, West German or something else? He was in silent pictures right? That would be pre WWII when the GSD came here and became popular. I am probably wrong. I also wonder which dog was the first American show line dog? I have so many irrelevant questions.

#8 ·
Thank you. I will research that. While researching for my puppy, I ran across Zamp Theropos. Was he a great dog or a fan favorite? I would love for my puppy to grow up to look like him. Is that possible? Can I get a dog that will look like Zamp? If possible, please tell me how.

#11 ·
I think that Bernd and Bodo von Lierberg were considered ideal GSD's in thier time.

#12 ·
So, there isn't a #1 consensus dog? Was just asking. I'm new. I'm sure you all know who Zamp Thermodos was, right? Where can I buy a dog that looks like that? I'm tired of looking around and reading one ad after another from people claiming to be responsible breeders in the best interest of the breed. Can someone just tell me where to buy a dog like that?

#13 ·
Zamp is a German Show line dog. Dead now, I think, but he has to have a lot of progeny.

There are no short cuts. You can either trust links on the internet to people's different websites, or you can go the whole nine yards and determine whether a breeder is ethical or not. We can possibly give you some names to look at, but ultimately determining whether a breeder is good enough is up to you.

ETA: there is no hurry in finding a breeder for a good pup. It is a decision that will have repercussions for hopefully 10 to 14 years. Do your research and don't rush it.

#21 ·
This>>"I want Zamp"....well...he's dead...so you can't have him....you can find breeders with him in their lines, but unless you hook up with the people that cloned dolly the sheep, get some DNA from Zamp somehow..and clone him, you aren't going to get that exact dog lol.

My previous dog had Zamp in his lines. It was the biggest selling point of the breeder. My dog had a genetic heart condition, liver failure, terrible hips, horrible pigment, nervous issues, skittish, and very very fearful. Doesn't mean that Zamp was bad, but super duper popular dogs like that get misused for the "name" in breedings all the time so the breeder can talk about how that name is in the pedigree.

Zamp was a West German Showline...use the search function, type in "west german showline breeders" and a bunch of recommendations will pop up.

#27 ·
Von Waldberg kennels owned him. They have 6 young adults for sale right now, 4 planned litters, and a SchH 1 titled female for sale.

Their email address, address and phone numbers are available their site.

David Winners

#35 ·
In case you missed it the first time, I posted it two more times below...with a $20,000 budget you can call them up tomorrow and get one by next week I'm sure. Have fun with him!

Von Waldberg kennels owned him. They have 6 young adults for sale right now, 4 planned litters, and a SchH 1 titled female for sale.

#39 ·
ohhh , people were thinking YOU OP was the troll not David Winners !!!

help your self .

pedigree data base classifieds Classifieds - Latest entries in all countries - page 1

hundreds and hundreds of ever changing adverts for dogs for sale
every price , every age , every category (working , show, pet , breeding).

here is an example German Shepherd Dog Puppies for sale: VA Chacco von der Freiheit Westerholt puppies (id: 205924)

making NO recommendation or endorsement -- do not know these people --- only chose this ad because of the looks.

make your search easier -- look into pedigrees that have Zamp's sire
Quantum Arminius and you will have a hard time in not finding him.

The one thing that the show line breeders have mastered to a fault is uniformity -- often expressed as cookie cutter .

go ---- find -----

the look is so easy. Show lines share genetics - Zamp will likely be in there in the background

#47 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley120R
Zamp was born to the Dieterich family and died with the Dieterich family.

Here....use this info to your advantage.

It will be the same as talking to Burt Rutan except a different subject matter.

Zwinger für Deutsche Schäferhunde - vom Grabfeldgau

Familie Reinhard Dieterich
Am Wethfeld 17
97616 Bad Neustadt

Telefon: 09771 97598
Fax: 09771 995677
Handy: 0173 3203260
E-Mail: grabfeldgau@t-online.de

SuperG

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.