German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Too cold?
Thread: Too cold?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
carmspack
Crowned Member

mine are the opposite , bring them indoors and it is too warm , they head for the doors

dogs with shifts of more than 20 degrees F which is about what winter conditions from our very warm house to the natural outdoors is. Dogs that are snug inside while owners are away at work and then put outdoors for an hour or two when they come home feel it because they have not adapted or been acclimated . Can cause respiratory problems . It is the sudden changes that are the problem.

so how cold was it last night --- missleslee did you wake up last night around 3 a.m. -- ? I was up reading - no interruptions! -- and then there was a BOOM . Thought roof collapse - ran out , ran upstairs to check ceilings . All good. Then later on the radio 1010 John Moore around 8 or so there were all sorts of call-ins with reports of multiple BOOMS , described as almost a super loud zonic boom. Climatologist came on to describe frost-quakes https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=cr&ei=...fe=off&tbm=nws . There were four or five . We actually had a frost quake in our area during the power-outage of the ice storm we had just before Christmas.

I mean is there anything else mother nature can throw at us. A summer of flooding with police marine units needing to take people off the GO train, to ice storms to frost quakes ?

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote