German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Frustration Finding a WGSL Breeder
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arcminster

Default Frustration Finding a WGSL Breeder

I have been trying to get a WGSL (plush black and red) dog for over a year and a half. The problem is that breeders I have inquired with/engaged have turned out to be either flaky, uneducated, dishonest, unresponsive, or some combination thereof.

I have read the forums quite a bit prior to joining, and the consensus seems to be that is it 'easy' to find a good breeder, if you know what you are looking for. At least for me, in my neck of the woods I have found this not to be the case.

I am no authority regarding titles, etc., but do understand temperament and health issues of the breed. I am looking for a pet/companion that has the best chance at being as healthy as possible, that fits the criteria above. I DO NOT want an oversized dog... I think 'conforming' is the term used to describe what I'm after.

If anyone has any leads they could provide I would be so appreciative. I really think it's imperative to visit a kennel/dogs before deciding on a pup/litter, hence my wanting to buy in my area. I have now realized I will have to expand my search in order to get what I'm after, and am willing to go wherever. That said, I would still prefer to get a dog in the 'area' (surrounding states). I am located in eastern Nebraska.

Thanks for any help you may have to offer!
Arcminster is offline   Reply With Quote