German Shepherds Forum banner

Taste of the Wild question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Crocky 
#1 ·
HI....Thinking of switching from Acana Lamb and Apple to Taste of the Wild. Thoughts? My reason is that I cannot get Acana locally so I order online. I found a place that will do 1-2 day free shipping however I've found delays recently with that (UPS and Fed/EX) and now here I am New Years holiday and not enough food to get us through till the "possible" Friday delivery day.

#2 ·
Our girls do great on TOTW

Not an expert here, but our GSDs do great on TOTW. Our white GSD had skin problems and her coat was dry and she shed like crazy. We tried several different brands. When we got our second GSD from a good breeder, she recomended TOTW. We switched and in a couple of weeks we could see the results. Her coat is soft and no more skin issues. I also like to use the different mixes. I rotate through the Bison, to Wild Boar etc etc. The girls seem to get excited when a we switch flavors.

Good luck.

#3 ·
Seems like you just need to find what works for your dog. I was feeding TOTW, the Pacific Stream, Hugo didn't seem to cate for it and he was itching and scratching a lot. I tried a couple other brands and am now feeding the Kirkland grain free from Costco. He seems to be doing much better on it, and as a bonus it's considerably less expensive than TOTW.

#4 ·
Pacific Stream

I tried the pacific stream formula only once. Our girls did not like it so that one I pass on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.