German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Is my puppy underweight?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
liferebooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmuid957 View Post
Food grade Diatomeaceous Earth is an excellent natural de wormer. Girardia can come from a pup's mother's milk, consuming contaminated dirt, etc. You have to break the worms' reproductive cycle. How long has your pup been on this treatment? DE can clear worms from stool in 7 days, but it takes a full 30 to kill all the larvae...

By now I think you might want to take stock of the pup. Is she really skinny or does she have a balanced shape with a slight hourglass notch? If the latter, then check the food your pup is eating. You might want to consider adding supplements to her diet.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I've had her 6 days and she went to the vet today because I noticed the soft stools, she started medication today, they have me 10 days worth of pills. She didn't eat much at all the past 2 days but she pigged out and ate all 3 meals today and had her first pill. She doesn't look skinny at all, the vet said her weight is perfect but according to all these GSD weight lists I found online shes half the weight for a 3 month old.

I'm hoping these lists are just wrong. Besides the soft stools she's a great dog, I normally don't buy from pet stores, my other dogs are from rescues and the pound but I just happened to fall in love with her the moment I saw her at the store, they wouldn't even sell her to me that day because they just got her and made me come back the next day after they had a vet check her out. Which I find is weird since they said she was healthy, yet I use the same vet as they do and when I took her to the vet they said she has gardia but they charged the store for the medication and tests instead of me.

I know most people hate pet stores but I think of it this way, all dogs and cats deserve a home, the animals at the pet stores shouldn't be rejected just because we don't agree with where they came from or how they're being sold, I feel as if I saved he from this store =\ sorry if people disagree with me.
liferebooted is offline   Reply With Quote