German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - my good boy Russell
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
dogfaeries
Elite Member

Default my good boy Russell

Just some rambling about my puppy Russell...

Sage is in heat, so 10 month old Russell has had to temporarily relocate to his breeder's house for the duration. It's not as bad as it sounds. It's about 45 minutes from me, and out in the country. They go run in the woods everyday. My dogs absolutely love it out there, and I have a hard time getting them to go home with me. Traitors.

Got a text from my breeder a few minutes ago, just some chitchat. Then she ended it with "FYI. Your dog is NOT gun shy. He couldn't care less.". Well, yeah. He may be one of those "not-a-real-GSD American show lines", but that boy is Mr Confidence.

Russell came from a really nice litter. He has one litter sister that lives on a dairy goat farm, and another sister that has been training in tracking since she was 4 months old, with an eye towards search and rescue. That one belongs to a paramedic. She's a pretty cool dog. We are going to show Russell eventually, but not until he is about 2 years old. Dog shows are way too expensive to waste my money trying to show a big lanky boy!

Oh, and he's pretty proud of himself that he finally learned how to lie down in the chair in the living room.

Carly ~ AKC Ch, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch pointed (chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ future show dog
Zelda ~ puppymill rescue Italian Greyhound
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote