German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - After 10 months GSD free...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
3dognite
Master Member

Default After 10 months GSD free...

I lost my biggest baby Rebel in February 2013. It was stomach/intestinal cancer, he was not yet 10 years old.

Anyway, I've mourned long enough. I said at the time, "NO MORE GSD's!"...tears ever since, and I miss that big lunk. He was the dog of my heart.

Anyway, my spouse had started pushing about looking into retired Military Working Dogs, or rescues and such in the last few months, but every dog we looked at had issues with cats, or other dogs, or need to be a one pet home. We have 3 cats and 2 other dogs (both old, nearly 13 and 12) and any addition just has to work. We also both work full time so didn't want to do the baby puppy thing cause it's just hard when we're gone all day.

So behind my back, he started looking at breeders and found what appears to be a good one that's only a 3 hour drive away. We're going tomorrow to look at his 4-6 month olds that he still has for sale. He's been breeding for 45 years and the dogs are beautiful--he's a bit full of himself and his website needs help, but the dogs, the pictures of those dogs are just unbelievable.

So I'm assuming that tomorrow I'll be bringing a new baby home...
Odin (GSD 8/28/13)
Cosmo-space cat
Chess-fuzzy cat
Valentine-our ragdoll cat
Two great skin kids
3dognite is offline   Reply With Quote