German Shepherds Forum banner

Ebony and Shadow

611 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  FruitbatMom 
#1 ·
Hello! I am new to this form. :) Wish I had something like this with my first GSD/Akita mix!! He lived to be 13 - BEST.DOG.EVER...

Now we have two GSD - Both solid black - We adopted them from a rescue just over a year ago. They were an obsession before they moved in -- since then -- they have stole our hearts, couches and countless sticks of butter. They are one month apart, born in July and August of 2012. We went to the rescue to get Shadow... came out with two. Ebony followed my husband to the truck -- the rest is history! The "pups" as we call them, have 4 adoring kids ranging from 17 down to 9 that cater to their every belly rub call and cookie wants... We also have a jack russell / beagle mix. She too is a rescue -- a lady bought her, and was not able to handle the jack russell side of what she was told was a beagle... Guess that too is another story!!

Story:
Shadow is a breeder release from Odessa Tx, transported to the DFW area by the good hearts of Good Shepherd Rescue. She is a wonderful example of a shepherd, sleek, graceful, attentive -- alert.

Ebony is the result of backyard breeding - she was rescued from a shelter in Canton, TX and transported to Good Shepherd Rescue. She has many neurological and social issues -- too many to count... we are tackling ONE at a time and choosing our battles... She too is sweet, attentive and well -- not so graceful!! But what she doesn't have in GSD traits -- she makes up for in SHEER and UTTER love... Oh, and she has a butter feddish... she stills the entire 1lb blocks off the counter, eats my pampered chef spatulas robs tissues... awww teenagers!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thank you for giving the girls a family who loves them . Cant wait to see pictures. Our Daisy loved butter or margerine and tissues.Looking forward to hearing about Ebony and Shadow's adventures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.