German Shepherds Forum banner

Like kids at Christmas- Lets hear your story

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  llombardo 
#1 ·
Does anyone Else's dogs get this excited? Jonas had me follow him to the closet where he knew his presents were. He let out an excited scream, and watched closely as I rounded up his and Penny's gifts. I got them some treat cookies and let them look at them. I guess that was like getting socks and underwear to them. LOL I let Penny open up her new squeaky toy, which she loved. Now Jonas I made him wait a minute or two, as for he was so excited he was screaming and shaking. I let him open up his new RC car and let him play with it. He was very happy. After I put his new car up, he ate a cookie treat, asked to go outside, did his business and now is laying here sleeping like a baby. :smirk: All in all I would say; my two spoiled brats are satisfied.

#3 ·
I had Effie's new toy on the dining room table in a pile of other stuff that needed to be wrapped. She started walking around the table with her nose on the table. She was whining and barking. When she put her feet on the table to get a better look I just dug it out of the pile and let her have it. How did she know? Do they soak those things in beef broth? That was 2 days ago and she hasn't let it out of her sight since then.

#4 ·
socks and underwear are totally lame gifts. i'm sure your
dogs enjoyed their gifts more than socks and underwear. lol.

Does anyone Else's dogs get this excited? Jonas had me follow him to the closet where he knew his presents were. He let out an excited scream, and watched closely as I rounded up his and Penny's gifts.

>>>>> I got them some treat cookies and let them look at them. I guess that was like getting socks and underwear to them. <<<<<

LOL I let Penny open up her new squeaky toy, which she loved. Now Jonas I made him wait a minute or two, as for he was so excited he was screaming and shaking. I let him open up his new RC car and let him play with it. He was very happy. After I put his new car up, he ate a cookie treat, asked to go outside, did his business and now is laying here sleeping like a baby. :smirk: All in all I would say; my two spoiled brats are satisfied.

#5 ·
Lady was just super excited to have all of us in 1 room...she really didn't get in to much. Have her one of her gifts and it disappeared. Minutes later she was going through the trash bag, and she was grabbing her bone she had dropped in to a box that had gotten trashed:)
After we left, someone had left the door open a bit and she snuck back in to explore:/.
Merry Christmas!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#9 ·
Gaia and Cuervo were extra quiet while I was making my bed on Christmas Eve, I had already put their stockings out and didn't really think twice of it. Being that Cuervo is usually my shadow or at the very least always comes and checks on me every so often, I snuck into the living room. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the two of them in the middle of the living room emptying out stockings and then looking like two little kids who just got caught doing something they shouldn't have. Nothing left to open Christmas morning but I think they were happy with their haul.

#10 ·
I just found this thread. We exchange on Christmas eve so this was our first w/ the girls. Lucky knew his stocking had a toy but he waited . The girls arent toy nuts like Lucky so they got their fav Busy Bones. Chevy ate her's after hiding Thunders and then managed to stel some lamb treats from thebig red bag of dog gifts. Lucky is still playing w/ his Barq's squeak bottle. Everybody loved their freeze dried beef treats.

#12 ·
I picked up some dollar-store stockings for the dogs and wrapped up their presents in plain brown paper for them to rip up on Christmas morning.

This year we went to the in-laws, so Dog Mob was joined by their "cousin" Chilton (the poodle) for the festivities. Chilton had never gotten a stocking before, but he figured it out pretty quickly -- in fact, he raided the dog stockings on Christmas Eve and proudly trotted out one of his presents to show all the dinner party guests that night.

They had a good time with it, I think.

#13 ·
I let mine open their gifts one at a time and they all shined like babies behind the gate while they waited their turn. Best Christmas story is that my first foster got a home, my dad brought his dog , they got along great and my dad is adopting him.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.