German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - May lose a pet tomorrow (non gsd)
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
MiaMoo

Default May lose a pet tomorrow (non gsd)

I don't know where else to post this, but I am upset and felt like putting it down in words somewhere.

I got a male veiled chameleon in October, his namme is Pickle. He's grown like a weed in just two months and has been a fat, healthy chameleon the whole time. I left this morning for Christmas shopping amd was gone all day, and when I got home this evening had found that he had fallen from his branch perch into his water shallow tray (what catches water from his dripper). I have no idea when he fell in, he could have been in all day. It's a very tall mesh cage, so he severely injured his legs in the fall.

Now my healthy chameleon has been rendered completely immobile.

I have made him as comfortable as possible for the night and will be taking him to the vet early in the morning. I am fully expecting for him to have to be put down, as I can't imagine there is anything they can do for his fragile little legs.

I feel so awful, and I am dreading the vet trip. I've not even had him three months, and he has been so amazing.

Also, I'm sorry if the image is too large, I am on mobile and have never uploaded an image like this before. But that is Pickle from me getting him at two months, and then two months later.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
May lose a pet tomorrow (non gsd)-1387782518489.jpg