German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - High fever - no diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Allie512

Default High fever - no diagnosis

Hi -
Allie, my 8 year old GSD, started to not want to go outside and would just lie down; she continued to eat her meals and her stool was fine. On Thursday night she was obviously deteriorating and her eyes looked glazed. I took her to the vet first thing Friday a.m. - her temperature was 105.3. She stayed in the hospital all day on IVs and antibiotics; blood work, X-rays were normal. By 5 PM her fever was down to 103.6 - they let me bring her home and had to take her back this morning - fever was 103.8. Allie seems to feel a bit better. However, we have no idea what is the cause of this. She has had these episodes of high fever which required IVs when she was around 2 years old. Allie has had complete tick panels run. I can pick her up at 1:30 today; the hospital I use since I moved to Las Vegas does not have Sunday hours but I have the doctors' cell numbers. No idea what further tests to run. Monday I will be seeing her regular vet. This is difficult as was just moved here a year ago and I have her records but not her old vet.

Any suggestions as to tests / medications / dx you might think I could discuss with the doctors.

Thank you so very much.