German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How to get this neglected/mistreated trouble GSD to warm up with my cats??
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
wolfstraum
Crowned Member

the dog is neglected - there is more than food and water to give a dog a decent life...and GSDs are not dogs that are happy being outdoors all the time with no human interaction!!!! I totally disagree with MadLab's comment!

I applaud you for your intentions.

Your plan for segregating the house areas is a first step. It will be a long road and the dog may never be good with the cats....you have to retrain this dog as if she was a puppy from the beginning.

I am sure quite a few of our posters will write out long detailed suggestions....I don't have time right now to go into details....but you should and can rehab this dog! She sounds like she craves human companionship....I just hope your BF's parents don't go and do this to another dog if you take this one into your home!

Good luck!

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote