German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help! new rescue owner
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
emilybyrne

Unhappy Help! new rescue owner

I just (5 days ago) adopted a GSD from a rescue group who got her from a shelter where she was about to be euthanized. She is approximately a year and a half. I adopted her the same day she came to the rescue group. When I met her at the adoption event she was laying down and very calm and did not want to get up to walk or greet. They thought she was scared. When she walked with me she was shaking and looked scared. She is very sweet and has adapted well to my home and me and my cat.

The first couple days she was eager to go ouside and I took her for several long walks and to get bathed. She whines a lot particularly when I leave the room or when she was locked in the laundry room (larger than a extra large crate). She would also whine when I tried to take her for walks even though she liked them. Last night and today she has been whining more than normal (from what I have seen of her normal that is). I got her to eat more food than she has so far but am worried she ate too much. When I tried to get her to go out to potty she did not want to go. And once out did not want to come back in. She whines even when I am in the same room.

Any ideas? Is she in pain? Eat too much? Trying to get attention? Experiencing sadness/anxiety from a new home? I have an appointment in 4 days with the vet but am worried that I should make it sooner.
emilybyrne is offline   Reply With Quote