German Shepherds Forum banner

Where to Buy Bulk in Northern California

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  johnnyandwhiskey 
#1 ·
I've decided without a doubt that I'm going to try the RAW path with my GSD. Now that I've completed the research on correct portions, best type of meat and parts to buy, I'm at a quandary.

Are there any RAW feeders in Northern California, particularly the bay area? I live near Santa Cruz, work in San Jose, so either are options. I'm looking to find out where I can buy in bulk for the best prices. If you could provide the names, contact info, and the general range of prices you pay for your average items, it would be so greatly appreciated. Any help would be awesome!!

#5 ·
Harvest Meat Company. Their pick up location is in S. Sac. I usually get chicken drums/gizzards, turkey necks/hearts, duck wings and beef heart and all are general under $1/lb. I don't go to Harvest as much as I go to the place in Reno so I really don't have too current of pricing (but the duck wings about two months ago were in the .70 cent range). Harvest is cash only unless you get an acct.

I would also just try googling meat wholesale distribution in various forms for both San Jose and San Francisco and see what you find. That is how I found harvest when I was living in San Diego.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#7 ·
Try Freedom Meat lockers in Freedom. Or the Coralitas(sp) meat market. Ask them about buying their throw away meats in bulk. I live in the monterey bay and have decided to switch my girl to a raw diet to see if it will help with her allergies. I have a few butcher friends so I have an advantage you may not have but just keep your nose to the grindstone and call every grocery store that has a butcher dept. They would rather sell it for $0.10/lb than chuck it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#8 ·
I have a business and that allows me to shop at Jetro restaraunt supply. I buy my pork, chicken, turkey, sometimes goat and duck from there (Located in Oakland) I purchase my Beef heart, kidney and Liver from a latin market in concord. ... I feed 10 to 15 dogs each day, so I am buying 500lbs every 2 weeks.

There is a raw feeders co-op, they may be useful to you Welcome to the Fremont BARF Co-op Website!

Best of Luck-

Camilla

#12 ·
Good evening,

Looking for anyone in the Butte / Yuba / Shasta area that has had any luck finding good resources without having to travel down to Sacramento to get B.A.R.F / Raw diet food. Or if anyone wants to go in together to start ordering in bulk in our area. Have tried some of the local co-ops in sacramento area, not getting alot of responses tho.

Thanks!

Johnny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.