German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - My pups father, please explain structure of him compared to true working line
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jmoore728

Default My pups father, please explain structure of him compared to true working line

Hey guys....I recently purchased a new pup...he is now 13 weeks old....This is my 2nd GSD. My first one is no longer with us My pups father is showline, but he def has a working line attitude. He is now 3 years old and the kennel just recently started him on his protection training. He is coming along very well....My pups grandfather Ken Vom Rosenblick is also excelled in his SchH protection score. 95, 96, and 94.... I've talked to the owner of Ken, and he said Ken is one of his best studs. Ken came from Dux de Cuatro Flores. All are German bloodline. Western Germany I'm pretty sure.

Here is a picture of my pups father. When looking at the structure, angles, etc, what am I looking for? I'm aware of the American bloodlines and the "roachback", which I don't like at all....When looking at my pups father, how does the structure look, etc....I'm trying to learn this aspect of it. Showline vs working line. I know showline GSD can be great dogs. I've been around a lot of my breeders dog, and they are all great dogs, from my view anyways. Temperament is great on them I think he looks very good, but this is coming from my a novice opinion. Can someone explain this to me in "English" ...lol.... Also, when measuring the withers, how do I go about doing this....Sorry for the rookie questions. I will post some of my pups mother also later.
I couldn't upload my pups father. It said I need to reformat it, which I can't do on my IPad that I'm aware of...So i will post a couple pictures of his grandfather. They look very similar. My apologies.
My pups father, please explain structure of him compared to true working line-image.jpg
Jmoore728 is offline   Reply With Quote