German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hello!
Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
GSDav8r

Default Hello!

Hi all!

This is my first post here and thought I'd use it to introduce myself. I'm a member of several Internet forums, but this is my first dog forum!

My wife, two young kids (7, 5) and I live in Kansas. We have been researching dog breeds that we thought would suit our family and we decided on the GSD. We put a deposit on a male pup the other night and are SO excited, yet so frustrated as we have to wait another 6-7 weeks for him!! He's only a week or two old right now. We were able to hold him; cute little guy! Named him "Luger."

We had a Beagle a few years back that, honestly, we didn't learn enough about them prior to bringing him home. He wound up being quite a handful and it was our fault, but was he the most friendly, loving little guy. Unfortunately, he dug a hole (the ONLY time he had ever dug!) in some wet dirt, got out and was hit by a car within minutes. That was a few years ago; we were pretty broken up about it.

So, this time around we're trying to do things right. We've been doing a lot of research on the GSD, have already spoken with a lady that does obedience training and will enroll in classes, and even are getting our bikes in working order so we can do rides/runs/jogs through the park with Luger.

Another step in preparation has led me here! Just hoping to learn as much as we can in the next few weeks. Thanks for having me!
GSDav8r is online now   Reply With Quote