German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - My 4 Rescues
Thread: My 4 Rescues
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
EscapeTheFate

Default My 4 Rescues

I have 8 dogs, and 4 of them were rescued. Mind you, I live in Tuscany, and have lots of land.

My first rescue was my 1st German Shepherd, Cesare. When I was 13, I had no parents or home, and worked at villas to earn my money and food. I found Cesare wandering around the fields and he often lingered near me for several days, but after 2 weeks, finally approached me and we have been inseperable for the past 4 years.

The 2nd was my Rottweiler, Casper, whom my little sister found near our property while she was playing near the gates. I lured him in using chicken meat and he quickly warmed up to our 2 German Shepherds.

The 3rd was a female Maremma Sheepdog who wandered onto our property one night and startled my dogs. I went to see what they were barking at, and found a large, white dog, starving, wounded, and ragged. I gave her food and let her choose whether she wanted to stay or leave, and she never stepped foot outside our gates.

The last was a Cane Corso puppy. While in the fields, I heard a whining noise, and I checked to see if it was one of my dogs. But instead, I found a small gray, wrinkly, Italian Mastiff male nosing around the chicken coop. I would never leave a puppy out in the countryside where he was vulnerable, so I took him in as well.

All of my dogs are extremely friendly with one another, and are excellent herding/guard dogs. They absolutely adore my 9 year old sister, and are gentle with my 2 year old daughter. I have acres of land, and would gladly accept a lost dog. They don't deserve to be thrown out of their homes and left to fend for themselves--unless of course, they were born like that.

Those are my rescues!
EscapeTheFate is offline   Reply With Quote