German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Gold Beads/Acupuncture and Ester C- HD
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
VTGirlT
Master Member

Default Gold Beads/Acupuncture and Ester C- HD

First question:
Has anyone tried Acupuncture or and Gold beads or know someone who has? What was the outcome?
I met with a third Vet today, and he has been a Vet for a long time doing Acupuncture and Gold Beads. And he seems to think this is the best option for Zelda's HD. I defiantly respect his opinion. (he is also my boss) He said it would be best if we did acupuncture to see if it helps her, and if it does than we should do Gold Beads. This sounds like something i can do financially.. We talked about FHO, since he can do this too.. but he said that should be a last resort.
He also really seemed to push Zelda on carprophen long term- but i am looking into Canine pain Plus as a suggestion from someone on here. (thanks!)
I defiantly want to go natural before anything else, as prescription meds always put a flag up for me because of my own personal experiences.

Second Question:
Ester C.. My vet said to put her on some vitamin C.. is ester C as good as a normal vitamin C supplement or better? I have seen people suggest it, but my question is what brand to get and how many mg to give?

Found these two:

Amazon.com: Wholistic Pet Ester C 3oz: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Wholistic Pet Ester C 3oz: Pet Supplies
American Health Ester-CŪ Powder with Citrus Bioflavonoids -- 8 oz - Vitacost

(She is already on cosequin DS and fishoil)
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote