German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Using and Outdoor Kennel as an Indoor kennel-to replace dog crate?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
VTGirlT
Master Member

Question Using and Outdoor Kennel as an Indoor kennel-to replace dog crate?

Hey everyone,

So i thought of this before and am rethinking of getting a kennel to replace her plastic XL crate. Because i feel bad she has to be in for hours and hours at a time, and would love for her to be able to have more room to at least walk around a bit..

The reason she is in a crate, is because of her SA, it keeps her safe and keeps my room from getting destroyed. But i just HATE how she has to be in a crate all day and am thinking maybe she would like it better if she were in a kennel that is bigger..

Zelda is an escape artist. She broke through a XXL wire dog crate. But those things are flimsy even though it was a good brand. So i want to make sure she cant get out of it, or hurt herself in the process..

Wondering what your guy's thoughts are?

I found these two on amazon. A bit pricey.. The first one cost as much as some plastic dog crates i been looking at.

Amazon.com: Lucky Dog 6'Hx4'Wx4'L Uptown Welded Wire Kennel: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Lucky Dog 6'Hx4'Wx4'L Uptown Welded Wire Kennel: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com: Lucky Dog 6'Hx4'Wx8'L Uptown Welded Wire Kennel: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Lucky Dog 6'Hx4'Wx8'L Uptown Welded Wire Kennel: Pet Supplies

So my biggest concern is her hurting herself on it, or getting a paw stuck? Second concern is that she will be able to get out of it.

Are there any dog kennels that have smaller holes or a panel siding instead of holes throughout the whole thing?

Thanks!
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote