German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Excessive amounts of poop.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
rad10

Default Excessive amounts of poop.

I have a 1yr GSD that I'm in the process of switching to adult food. I had him on Fromm LBP gold, and am transitioning him to Fromm's LBA gold. I started very slowly and am now up to about 1/3 adult food. The problem is... he's pooping like crazy. I'm talking 5-6 times a day, and they're BIG piles. It's not diarrhea, it's fully formed, but he's got some urgency with it. He went once in the house earlier today while I was getting my coat and boots and such on to take him out again (He'd been out and pooped less than 3 hours before, too.) He's also had the foulest gas, and keeps trying to eat clumps of hair. This has been going on for about 3 days now. I've reduced the amount of the new food, I assume that that has to be the cause, but I'm not really sure what to do next..I"m running low on the puppy food... He's acting normal, playful and energetic and all that jazz. He doesn't really act sick like he needs the vet or anything, but I've seriously never seen a dog make so much poop!

Any suggestions? Should I keep reducing the amount of new food? Or stop the food altogether and switch to hamburger/rice for a few days? Buy another bag of puppy food and do the transition at a major snail pace? (I've been transitioning him for the last week)

Thanks!
rad10 is offline   Reply With Quote