Originally Posted by LoveEcho
If no pup in this litter was going to be a good fit for me (say, this particular female was going to be an extremely strong dog, as it seems some of her brothers will be... or conversely, not being confident or having a lot of drive suitable for a working dog), then my breeder would let me wait on another litter, or let me go elsewhere. It should be about finding a good match, not filling a crate "right now."
Truthfully, that's what I want too. May be a disappointment that I don't get a puppy, but if there isn't a good match for me, then it's best for me to wait..