German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Would it be stupid to not get my GSD titled
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jmoore728

Default Would it be stupid to not get my GSD titled

Hey guys....I've been thinking....My male GSD is only 13 weeks old. My goal is personal protection trained and family member. My sons are 1 1/2 and 4 1/2 years old. I know it's a long process to train one for personal protection....Would it be stupid to put all this dedication and work in for a personal protection dog and not get him titled in something also? His pedigree is great, wouldn't I want to carry that great pedigree on? He might end up being a great protection dog, but nothing on paper will show it.

What do you think about this? (I'm new to training, but I'm determined to carry it out.) It greatly interests me and I want my GSD to be a well mannered, obiendent and protective family member.....With children in the house, I have to stay on top of it...

I've never raised a Male GSD....When they reach certain ages, will they try to test me more, try showing dominance. What are common ages for a male to start expressing these things? I want to make sure I know what to expect and look for.....

All opinions welcomed
Jmoore728 is offline   Reply With Quote