German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - 3yr old shepherd with issues need info
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
coastie1335

Default 3yr old shepherd with issues need info

Rescued our shepherd from an older couple who could not care for or give the dog what it needed. They never socialized her and they had a little dog that used to abuse and bit her. We have had her for about six months and she is a wonderful dog in the house around my wife and five yr old beagle. She has really taken to us and great on and off the leash when no body else or other dogs are around. I have to take her out of town everyday to get her exercise or late at night when nobody else is out. She is very fearful of other dogs and barks and lunges, she is not to bad with other people she gets more excited when walking when she sees people until its the occasional person she may bark but comes back into heel. Also when someone comes to the door she sounds ferocious and is hard to back off until the person is in the house. Which I don't mind since she is home a lot alone with my wife. Looking for advice or a good book to read to help her and fully develop her in to an overall great family member.
coastie1335 is offline   Reply With Quote