German Shepherds Forum banner

Fish Oil

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  GermanShepherdDog 
#1 ·
I found fish oil for a good price and I decided to buy it for Ditto. I have given it to her in the past for allergies (although I didn't see much improvement). However, that was a few years ago and I can't remember how much she is supposed to get. Does anybody know?

Also, I am considering giving it to Dakota as well. He has a history of seizures and takes medications for them, along with glucosamine. Does anyone see a reason I should NOT give him any and consult a vet first?

#2 ·
I use Puratins Pride 1000mg and Kiya also has seizures I can't say it's ever been a problem.

#4 ·
I got human capsules for my dog that are 1000mg each. I read somewhere that two capsules is what you should give a dog over 60lbs, but I started out with 1 because I'm paranoid and didn't know how her tummy would handle it. I believe the dosage is determined by the quantity of EPA and DHA in the oil, which varies significantly depending on the product.

I also got the Grizzly salmon oil stuff but Gypsy hates it. I think it smells funny. Could it be rancid already?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.