German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New owner from Puerto Rico
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
turbo787

Default New owner from Puerto Rico

Hello guys and gals. Touching base from the Caribbean!!!! Me and my wife just acquired a beautiful puppy on Saturday. They where born on Oct. 15, 2013, from beautiful parents. The father is the traditional black & tan while the mother is a whitish(sable?) with light grayish. They where both healthy and taken good care of by the owner. There where only two left, both males, and we decided to bring "Rocco" home with us. It's my 6mo. old baby's first Christmas and one of his presents so he could grow up with him. Rocco will mainly be used for protecting our home, play with my son, and do search and rescue duty. He will start the search and rescue training at around 3mo(basic stuff). I was actually going to go with a Fila Brasileiro, but they're just too big, and too heavy for the search and rescue duty. So the only thing is that he didn't come with "AKC" papers. The parents had the opportunity to have them but the owner held back b/c he wasn't going to breed, nor compete. He just wanted protection for his family. So before he got a chance to spay his female the big boy went and got her. I took him to the vet here and instantly he was recognized as a Shepherd by the vet. She fell in love with Rocco from the start. He's very healthy, playful, and attentive. Needless to say we love our German Shepherd. Never had one, always had "Rotties" and recently a "Bully" & "American" Pitbull mix which didn't serve as a guard dog. Boy, are they playful!!! But now is Rocco's time with our newly started family!!!! Well, I'm sorry to have ranted so much, but I just love this dog!!!! Very smart. Thanks for reading and will be around the forums reading and asking questions. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
turbo787 is offline   Reply With Quote