German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hypothetical: Better for an homeless dog to have no home or be euthanized OR go to..
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
VTGirlT
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Probably depends on the homeless populations each person here has in their area. We have a huge homeless population. Some mentally ill were getting bussed here from Nevada with 3 days worth of meds and that is it. We have illegal alien homeless, druggie homeless, alcoholic homeless and schizophrenic type homeless and lazy young people homeless. Most of the families and non druggies do get support. In general I'd say a dog would be better off in the animal shelter than with the homeless in my area. Many do have dogs, and I just wish I could steal the dogs and give them a better life.

I'd say if someone were very poor, and had little money, but was sober and had a home, even a one room place, they could have a dog here. The SPCA offers dog food for low income persons like some seniors for example.
Oh yes i agree.. I would not want a dog to go in a home with mentally unstable people (to the point of not being able to take care of something) or people with drug addictions to the point of selfishness.

But i agree, and some food shelves also have dog food/cat food to give away too.
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote